Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yahoo! The Snowblower Fairy is Back!

Chris and I have had our fair share of crazy neighbors over the years, but so far, the neighbors we have here at our current house have been great. Case in point: Almost every time it snows, the snow blower fairy visits. The snow blower fairy is a neighbor from down the street who takes it upon himself to clear the sidewalks for practically the entire block. 9 times out of 10, before we've even had a chance to start to think about shoveling, our neighbor shows up with his snowblower and clears the sidewalks for us. This is particularly great because we live on a corner, so we've got a lot of sidewalk to clear. Once he has come through, all we've got to do is clear our short driveway and the walk leading up to the house.

Last winter I didn't mind shoveling, particularly since I got to count it as exercise points for Weight Watchers. However, this winter, I have been in no shape for shoveling, particularly if the snow is wet and heavy. Chris has been working hard too, both at putting in overtime for work and in tackling various home improvement projects. Needless to say, we are thrilled to have such a thoughtful neighbor and really need to figure out which house he lives in so that we can make him some cookies or something. If I weren't still in my nightgown, I'd run out right now and say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment