... other than the fact that I really need to stop turning on shows like Animal Precinct and Animal Cops when I'm home alone in the afternoon. The shows are really interesting, and can be very heartwarming, but also really disturbing and upsetting at the same time. I think it's starting to get to me. Well, that and the endless waiting for the baby. I really admire the people who work for the organizations featured on these shows. I don't know that I'd be able to do it, without having to be in therapy and/or medicated on a regular basis. The things they see on a daily basis are just not right.
I had to go get a fetal non-stress test at the hospital today, and everything went fine. Almost too fine, since the baby is apparently quite comfortable and happy right where she is! Of course, if she wasn't in good shape, then I'd be facing pressure to get induced, which I don't want to do. Sooo... more waiting! If the baby doesn't arrive before Sunday, I'll have to go back and have another round of testing done. In the meantime, I've got to do fetal kick count reports every day. This involves lying on my side for a half hour and counting the number of times the baby kicks during that period. If she doesn't kick four times, I have to keep counting. If I don't get 10 kicks in a two hour period, then it's off to the hospital.
Right now, I'm just going to focus on looking forward to tomorrow. I chatted with my mother earlier, and she's got Friday off. We're going to go walk around the mall and have lunch in an effort to get me more active than the treacherously uneven and icy sidewalks in my neighbor hood will allow and to alleviate my cabin fever.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment