This can't go on. Sam spiked a fever again this evening and went from playing and happy to whimpering and miserable in the course of an hour. Every time we think he's on the mend, we turn out to be wrong. I really wish I'd taken him in on Friday, even though he seemed to be getting better.
And while I'm at it, I'm dragging myself in to the doctor too. I'm generally the time to try to ride out a sinus infection and only seek treatment if it's clear that I'm not going to be able to shake it on my own. However, considering the circumstances, I can't afford to wait and see if it's going to linger. I also feel like I'm getting worse, not better, and am finding it very difficult to rest--all my symptoms get much worse I lie down. If I were to go into labor feeling how I feel now, it would be a very rough road.
8:30 am tomorrow, I'm getting on the phone to make an appointment for myself and Chris is going to call at the same time for Sam. Hopefully we can both get in.
UPDATE: Okay, it's 3:30 am and what am I doing? Sitting on the couch writing. I just couldn't get any sleep. When I lie down, my throat gets so sore, and the congestion so bad. I've been up for an hour, and took a shower at 2:30 in the morning in the hopes that it would clear out my sinuses. No such luck. I'm kicking myself for not having picked up more shower soothers vapor tablets. I used the last one I had yesterday morning and it worked great. If only I could take a decongestant! Sudafed is basically the only thing I can take, and even that is controversial. I'm avoiding Sudafed regardless because it screws with my blood pressure, which can't be good for the baby.
Sorry, I know there has been a lot of griping about being sick or taking care of a sick child. If it weren't for the baby's imminent arrival, I don't think I'd be so concerned, and would just muddle through. As it stand though, I can't help but worry that having gotten maybe an hour or two of sleep tonight, I'll now go into labor.
Anyhow, fingers crossed that I can get some antibiotics for both me and Sam, and that they start to work quickly so that I can just relax and not worry about the timing of the baby's arrival.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment