Little one, I know that you're probably nice and toasty safe in my belly. Are you thinking "Why come out and face a Michigan winter?" when you can stay all snug and secure where you are? I completely understand feeling like that. Still, if you don't come out soon, I think I'm going to lose my mind. I want to meet you! Your daddy and brother want to meet you! Your grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and friends, they ALL want to meet you! We've been waiting 41 1/2 weeks to welcome you to the world, and frankly, I think we're all tired of being patient.
Even though it's cold, there are really great reasons to take the plunge. For one thing, we've got all sorts of soft, warm, snuggly clothes and blankets ready and waiting to wrap you up in, so many that you'll only ever have to feel the winter cold for brief moments as we rush you from the car to the house and back again. Also, if you come out to see us, we can actually look at each other, cuddle and start to get to know each other. You've also got a great brother waiting to meet you, someone who I'm sure will watch out for you while you grow and make sure that no one messes with you. You should see him take care of his baby dolls--he sleeps with them every night, gives them bottles, wraps them in blankets.
I could go on and on, but here's one really good reason: If you don't come out of your own accord, the doctors are going to make you come out, and let me tell you, if you're not looking forward to the ride out now, just wait until we both start getting poked and prodded, shot up with pitocin, etc. These are all things that are going to make your arrival harder on both of us, so please, let's just cooperate and get things moving. I've got my schedule cleared and am willing to give up on sleep, so please, just consider it!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment