Sunday, January 25, 2009

RIP Isaac



My sister Katy called today to let us know that she had to have her cat Isaac put to sleep this morning. It was a very untimely death, given his young age, and a very sad situation for Katy and Pat. Isaac initially got sick back in December and was diagnosed with FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis, http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+1316&aid=212), a terminal disease that can take days or months to progress. Isaac had been doing fairly well, but took a bad turn this morning.

Katy and Pat, I'm so sorry you lost your little guy and wish you hadn't had to go through this. I never had the pleasure of meeting Isaac, but I know he had an endearing personality and you were very attached. It's not fair that this happened to him or to the two of you, and I wish there was something that could be done to make things better. Chris and Sam and I are all thinking about you today and wish we could send you hugs through the ether.

1 comment: