Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We're Trying Not to Feel Jinxed

So Sam came home from daycare with a 104 degree temperature and is pretty miserable. On the up side, he's building a tunnel for his train with Chris right now, but 1o minutes ago he had his face buried in my chest and was whimpering.

Of course, now that he's sick, Chris and I are feeling a bit paranoid that the baby is going to decide to make an appearance. Add to that the fact that we'd really like it if my sister can make it into town, but can't leave Chicago until 9:30 tomorrow night due to her class schedule, and big load of ordersr hitting Chris's team at work tomorrow, and it feels like the perfect storm.

Maybe by anticipating that the baby will come tomorrow, it won't actually happen? Does that even make sense? Either way, I'm sure we'll manage, but I really hope I don't have to leave my poor little guy when he's sick to go have the baby.

2 comments:

  1. It can really start to mess with your head, can't it? I'll be there soon. I'm relieved that it didn't happen today. I can let the students go as early as 8pm tomorrow, and the snow should be slowing down by then. I've got my money on her due date. I'll look after Sam the Ham while you're gone and trade off with his dad to make sure you both get support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like a perfect storm. Sorry to hear about Sam; it's never nice when a kid has a fever especially when he's obviously not feeling good. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete