
I've been meaning to post a few little anecdotes related to Sam that have come up over the past few weeks, and finally have a minute.
1. Last weekend, Sam ran up to me, handed me his beloved Taggie, and said: "Can you wash this please? It has floor all over it!" Upon examination, the Taggie did in fact have a decent amount of dog hair* and other floor debris embedded in it, probably because Sam drags that little scrap of fabric all over the house with him.
2. Yesterday Sam and I had to make a run to Babies 'R Us (see Bad Dogs post). Sam and I had a nice time together, for the most part. However, at one point, Sam pointed up to a ventilation duct, high up in the ceiling, and told me "That's scaring me! It's scary!" I have no idea why, and he wouldn't elaborate, but he was relieved when we moved to another part of the store.
3. I tried talking to Sam about using the potty like a big boy one day (a topic I'm bringing up with some regularlity these days) and asked him if he thought he could try sitting on the potty. He looked at me, glowered, and shrieked "I'm not STRONG enough to use the potty!"
4. Sam spent a large part of his weekend with a spray bottle and his hair brush in hand, washing his trucks. He'd position one of his many trucks on one of my dish towels, squirt it down, then brush it with the hair brush. He spent hours on this, I kid you not.
Of course, now that I had a minute to write this stuff down, I'm totally forgetting some of the funny stuff. I'll have to be better about writing things down right away in the future.
*I do in fact vacuum frequently, at least once a week, but usually more frequently. With 2 cats, 2 dogs, and a small floorplan, animal hair collects on the carpet more frequently than I can possibly keep up with. I really need to buy stock in
No comments:
Post a Comment