Friday, March 5, 2010

Very Quick Summary of the Past 6-9 Months




Because I've been out of touch for so long, and because we've had so much going on, I thought I would provide some quick updates on what the kids have been up to lately.

Fiona:
> Turned 1 at the end of January!
> Taught herself to walk at 10 1/2 months, and can now trot along quite quickly.
> Got her first two teeth back at Thanksgiving, and now, just finally has two more coming in. I guess I breed late teethers...
> Is learning new and creative ways to harass her brother every day, now that she can keep up with him.
> Is not afraid to stand up for herself, and will shriek and go all rigid if she doesn't get her way.
> Continues to be a very happy little girl, shrugging off injury and frustration in the blink of an eye.
> Continues to need remarkably little sleep, much to our chagrin.
> Is starting to talk. Her words include: kitty, mama, daddy, nana (Grandma), papa (Grandpa), and dat doo (thank you).
> Understands even more words than she can say. If I ask her if her diaper is wet, she'll start yanking on her pants. If I ask if she's hungry, she runs for her high chair. Etc.

Sam
> Turned 4!
> Gave up his binky!
> Started preschool.
> Got accepted as a school of choice kid at Gretchko Elementary.
> Is currently obsessed with The Wizard of Oz, Curious George, The Nutcracker, Looney Tunes, and Winnie the Pooh.
> Clearly has a strong imagination (more on that in future posts).
> Worries that there are monsters in the shadows in his room.
> Is learning all about his emotions, and how to use them to his advantage: (pathetic voice) "I'm so sad. I need a cookie because I'm sad."

No comments:

Post a Comment