
(Click on image to enlarge)
There are two things that I've spent a lot of time thinking about over the past months: keeping the household running with the limited time I have available to me and flowcharts. Seriously, I'm going to start dreaming about flowcharts soon, I've been spending so much time on them. The flowcharts I've been working on are for work, documenting editorial workflows. So no, I'm not some sort of freak, spending my evenings gazing at flowcharts for the fun of it.
Still, I think the flowcharts are starting to get to me. I actually sat down the other evening and documented the weeknight routine at Chez Cranston-Haines, complete with such nightly rituals as yelling repeatedly at the dogs and trying to get Sam to eat. Looking at it now, well, no wonder I feel tired all the time! Particularly when you consider the fact that on a good night, when the kids go to sleep without much trouble, this workflow takes 2-4 hours to execute (depending on how late we work), but on a bad night, can last as long as 7 hours. Phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment